April 21, 2013 - Chapter Awards
Each semester Beta Kappa chapter nominates and gives out awards to the Brothers who are shining examples of Phi Sigma Pi’s ideals. The awards are given out at planning retreat. This semester we have some Brothers being recognized for the very first time and some Brothers who have received chapter awards, but all getting different ones than in the past! Here are Spring 2013 chapter award recipients and a brief description of who the award is typically given to:
Outstanding Scholarship: Izzi Hernandez-Cruz
- Given to the Brother who best displays the principles of continuous learning and dissemination of knowledge not only to his/her fellow Brothers, but to the community and those around him/her
Outstanding Fellowship: Victoria Rizer
- Given to the Brother who exemplifies the concept of fellowship, not only in the personal relationships he/she has with other Brothers, but in establishing relationships and bonds of fellowship between others within the Chapter or community
Outstanding Leadership: Lauren Rampey
- Given to the Brother who has demonstrated the finest abilities of working with others to accomplish a unified goal and has shown his/her strengths as a leader within the Chapter or community at large
Outstanding Service Award: Grace Fredrickson
- Given to the Brother who has performed meritorious service to the community.
Spirit of Phi Sigma Pi: Chase Burbage
- The highest semester award the Chapter gives. The Spirit of Phi Sigma Pi award shall be given to the Brother who in his/her daily actions and accomplishments best exhibits a balance of all the principles of the Tripod; scholarship, fellowship, and leadership; and works to demonstrate these ideals within the Chapter and throughout the larger community.
Chapter Service Key: Kat Clark and Amber Hackler
- This is the highest honor the Chapter can bestow upon any active, alumni, or honorary Brother. The Chapter Service Key is reserved for those Brothers that have consistently demonstrated dedication and service to the ideals of the fraternity and the Chapter above and beyond that which is expected of all Brothers. The chapter can give up to three of these awards per year, or choose not to give out any.
Congratulations, Brothers! Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to this chapter and to the Fraternity.